One challenge for those starting a new mechatronics program is planning laboratory space and selecting/procuring the necessary equipment. What are the essential equipment that you purchased for your lab? Scopes, power supplies, function generators, DAQs? What else?
Essential mechatronics laboratory equipment
- 51 Views
- Last Post 22 July 2017
Nima posted this 22 July 2017
In my opinion, in addition to the equipment and components that you mentioned, the following categories are essential to familiarize the students with the fundamentals of mechatronic systems
- Embedded systems such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagle boards, etc.
- Any equipment to familiarize the students with electronic circuits design and analysis.
- Sensors and actuators commonly used in mechatronic systems along with the electronics required for their operation.
Any other suggestions?
- 1 Assistant Professor in Engineering Technology - Oklahoma State University
- 2 What does Mechatronics mean - from a student perspective
- 3 Lecture
- 4 Associate Lecturer in Electronic and Mechatronic Engineering - La Trobe University, Australia
- 5 Part-time Instructor of Mechatronics Engineering - Kennesaw State University