One challenge for those starting a new mechatronics program is planning laboratory space and selecting/procuring the necessary equipment. What are the essential equipment that you purchased for your lab? Scopes, power supplies, function generators, DAQs? What else?
Essential mechatronics laboratory equipment
- 44 Views
- Last Post 22 July 2017
Nima posted this 22 July 2017
In my opinion, in addition to the equipment and components that you mentioned, the following categories are essential to familiarize the students with the fundamentals of mechatronic systems
- Embedded systems such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagle boards, etc.
- Any equipment to familiarize the students with electronic circuits design and analysis.
- Sensors and actuators commonly used in mechatronic systems along with the electronics required for their operation.
Any other suggestions?
- 1 WEBINAR: Mechatronics Education and Research at the Univeristy of Waterloo
- 2 PhD Research Fellow in Mechatronics - University of Agder, Norway
- 3 Mechatronics-oriented mathematics homeworks
- 4 Haptics in Education Workshop at World Haptics 2017
- 5 ASME DSCC 2017 - Dynamic Systems and Control Conference